2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Enhanced Design Options

James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi All,

We've made a number of usability improvements, based on feedback, to Design Options in Archicad 28.

• Common management tasks are now available via the Design Options palette, including create, delete, rename and duplicate. All teamwork enabled.
  • Context menu available from Design Options and Set in palette. With clearer setting of Default, and linking elements to a selected Design Option.
  • Search for Design Options in palette.

For more details:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Enchanced-Design-Options/ta-p/6064...

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
16 REPLIES 16

Hi!
Thank you for the correction on the marquee issue (I reported it).šŸ˜Ž
The most important thing is that I don't move items that I know I have excluded from this action.
I agree with you that, if group is selected and an item is locked then nothing can be moved.
Feedback on why I can't move would be important! Currently this is missing.
Therefore, another bug report follows:(I was just testing your example) šŸ˜Ø
If there are elements on a locked layer in a group they are also moved even though it lies that they are not moved.

RobertHorvath_0-1722020775434.png

RobertHorvath_1-1722020818081.png

RobertHorvath_2-1722020872756.png

4.1 - - -
Franz Sdoutz
Enthusiast

What we really need is assignable renovation status depending on design option.

option 1: wall is new

option 2: (same IFC-ID) wall is existing

option 3: (same IFC-ID) wall is to be demolished

Thus we could use design options as a building phase planing tool.

... related

Is there an issue with quantity lists filtered by design options?

I can only get results for the main Background model ...

design-option-quantities.png

ā€ƒ

What I badly miss in Design options is: when copy from one of the sets and pasting, while having the another option on and editable: the content should paste into the editable design option, or at least to have a switch in the popup dialog.

the other missing feature in 27: editing the multiple hotlinks with the design option inside hotlink is already done in 28.

Or better yet revamp the feature to actually leverage computer power instead of taxing the user with keeping track of element statuses and duplication operations. 

Implementing "options" as interconnected fundamental model states instead of dead end side tracks would make it possible to handle all change, not just existential, and all the user have to do is to setup the logical order of the model states and keep track of which one is active for input.

The user defines option 1, 2,3, and 4 as states of the model and decided in which state to work.  Element configurations are inherited between states and the computer keeps track of conflicts and keep a record over each elements status across model states in the form of: Created in option 1, Existing in option 2, Modified in option 3, Deleted in option 4.

A new approach to change and alternative designs

Matt Balaam
Advocate

Is there any plan to add nested design options that can be controlled in a tree structure? The fact design options are only one level deep is very restrictive in their usage when options require sub-options.

Nested Design Options - Graphisoft Community

AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
bimdo
Enthusiast

Thank you for this new possibilities, feauture request:

• Define one color per design option, instead of creating again a lot of graphical overrides;)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!