Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Feature Request - Work Environment

alexliz
Advocate

It would be nice if Grids & Background settings could be included in what is saved within the Work Environment. This would be very useful, for instance, when importing Autocad drawings and need to have a black background to maintain Autocad pen colors, but keep the white background when working in the normal project .pln file.

Also, the last state and position on screen of Element Settings dialogs, as well as pet-palettes etc. This way, I can create different WE setups for use at different locations where I may have my laptop's screen only or (at the office, where I also have) an external display extending my desktop.
Currently, when I arrive at the office or at home, the first time I open a project file I have to relocate *every single window* (ie the main AC window, then also any element settings dialog, pop-up or pet palettes etc) from the wrong location or from the wrong monitor. It's doable but tedious.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma
6 REPLIES 6
runxel
Legend

Regarding the second half:

It already kinda does this, it is saved in the Workenvironment-Scheme. However, the display detection of AC sux and it gets confused when you happen to have a multimonitor setup and then take your laptop with you and open up AC again. Then the offsets are all wrong and calculated from the wrong display.

So yeah, definitely something that needs to be fixed!

It somewhat helps already to have different WEs for one-vs-multimonitor setups. It still gets confused from time to time.... 😞

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
alexliz
Advocate

Do you mean Work Environment > Workspace Schemes? If so, then this does store location of toolboxes and palettes; it doesn't store Element Settings and pet-palettes' information though. At least, not for me.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

Yes most probably, the naming in the German version might be different; sorry for my confusing translation.

What PET-palette option do you use? Do you have yours in a fixed position or the original "pet" (as in animal) option?

The position of the PET and the element setting should be stored tho – it's just that a multi-monitor and multiple open Archicads seems to have a negative effect here.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
alexliz
Advocate

Your English is just perfect, thank you.

I fix the pet-palettes somewhere in the top-left of my working screen. AC does remember the position, but places them in the wrong monitor. Here's what happens, in some detail:

At home, I only use my laptop. Single screen.

At work, I place the laptop to the right of my large, desk monitor. While at the office, the laptop screen is on but I don't use it with Archicad.

When I return home and launch Archicad, the pet-palettes/Elements' Settings dialog boxes/other windows such as Properties manager etc are drawn on my laptop screen at the very left edge of the screen - probably because Archicad is attempting to place them on the large desk monitor which used to be to the left of the laptop while at the office.

I then have to reposition those windows, once for each one of them as they appear at the wrong place.

The reverse happens when I will next be at work - Archicad will place them in my laptop screen, even though the laptop is hooked to its external display at left. I will then have to, once again, reposition each and everyone one of those windows to the large monitor.

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

Do you have 2 different Work Environments for Laptop only and multi-monitor setup?

That's what I do and in general it does help a bit.

alexliz
Advocate

I would. But it doesn't work, as per my OP.

Key point to remember is: I am referring to the inability to register and restore position of:

Elements Settings dialog boxes;

Pet-palettes;

Property Manager;

Classifications Manager; and the like.

I am not referring to the position of the Toolbox, Toolbars and Palettes. These do get recorded and restored in the Workspace Scheme just fine. 

Archicad 27 macOS Sonoma

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!