Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

How to copy a modified object including the translations

Jeroen
Booster

I have made a copy of an object from the furniture libpack. I have made a few adjustments and gave it a new name. I made it into a new libpack. But the object shows it english parameters and custom interface. How do I copy the translation from the original object?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jeroen

2 REPLIES 2
Jeroen
Booster

I found it:

-place the desired object in an really empty file. Then save it a a PLA. Open the play en extract the library. The resulting object are permanently translated.

The other way would be to

Place the object in Archicad 28 default template or your custom A28 template

Select the object on plan and use command Open Object, check how 2D of object looks like change 2D pens if they are wrong and save to new Custom Library for A28 objects.

This way you can adjust some parameters to suit and fix them if needed. You might also check if there are Macro linked to the object those Macro files need to be saved for A28 too. Look for CALL " " in 2D and 3D script

macro name is in-between exclamation marks. To open it select the text between exclamation marks and use the same command Open Object, this will open macro. Check its parameters and save as in custom library for A28, not Overwrite them

Very important do not overwrite old objects save them as objects for A28, When you save them in A28 you will not be able to use them in earlier versions of archicad 

Archive pla file saving objects sometimes can not find macro files and they are not included so your object without macro will not work.

GDL is not required for that but would be easier if you know the basics. 

Good luck

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.04.17.png

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.14.42.png

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 15.15.18.png

user since A3

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!