Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024
SOLVED!

IFC Material for Objects Add-on

Francois_MCD
Advisor

Hello Graphisoft team

When I just downloaded the Tech Preview Update and notice this IFC Material for Objects Add-on.

Info: "IFC (Industry Foundation Classes) is an ISO standard developed by buildingSMART for model and data exchange between all stakeholders of the design process. This add-on streamlines the IFC collaboration with other parties."

I checked and see I did do the installation with the 1st Tech Preview but have not used it or notice it in the interface.

Archicad 28 - IFC Material for Objects.png

Info in the Add-on pallet says: "Allows you to manually assign a typical material to any library object."

Where can we find a manual / more info about how this add-on works or what it does, please?

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Patricio Zapata
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Francois:

This is something that was develop to allow Archicad to generate a manually assigned material to doors and windows, as in Chile there is a mandate that requieres that piece of data on every single element.

As doors and windows just have surfaces, archicad couldn't put that data on the elements, so it requires a a manual mapping to work properly, that's why you couldn't see a "tool" with that addon

This haven't change too much, so the attachment will work if you want to try it.

p.z

Patricio Zapata

Latin America Export Markets

Graphisoft Latin America

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Patricio Zapata
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Francois:

This is something that was develop to allow Archicad to generate a manually assigned material to doors and windows, as in Chile there is a mandate that requieres that piece of data on every single element.

As doors and windows just have surfaces, archicad couldn't put that data on the elements, so it requires a a manual mapping to work properly, that's why you couldn't see a "tool" with that addon

This haven't change too much, so the attachment will work if you want to try it.

p.z

Patricio Zapata

Latin America Export Markets

Graphisoft Latin America

Francois_MCD
Advisor

Thank you @Patricio Zapata  for your feedback & the PDF guide.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!