Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Libpacks and BIMcloud

MichaelK2856
Participant

How do the new Libpacks work with BIMcloud ?

We use BIMcloud Basic and upload our libraries to the BIMcloud server.

Do we have to upload all the Libpacks to the BIMcloud server to be able to use them ?

6 REPLIES 6
MinhNguyen
Expert

I just tested this the other day, and it works exactly the same as old monolith library. The only problem is instead of having one "Archicad library" to load in, now you have a few dozens to select...

BIM Manager
DKO Architecture - HCMC

Can we just upload the folder containing all the Libpacks, so we just have to upload one item.

scottjm
Advisor

Libpacks have to be loaded directly into the library manager, you unfortunately can’t just load the folder (or a folder uploaded to a BIMCloud library) they are in. 
i would very much like that functionality to be added. 
im planning to repackage the whole new library either into a new lcf or a mega libpack with the specific libraries i want for our office when I eventually roll out libpacks. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

@scottjm wrote:

im planning to repackage the whole new library either into a new lcf or a mega libpack with the specific libraries i want for our office when I eventually roll out libpacks. 

Isn't that the exact opposite of the "Global" Library purpose-idea?

Giorgis
AC27 Intel Mac - Ventura

@gZax wrote:

@scottjm wrote:

Isn't that the exact opposite of the "Global" Library purpose-idea?

If Graphisoft do not provide options for us like being able to load a folder full of libraries, then we just have to find our work arounds to get what we want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hit the nail on the head Barry. 
As a BIM Manager I want to provide only a curated set of libraries to our staff to optimise our modelling and document production. Libpacks leaves too much open to the users and runs the risk of necessary objects not being available or unsuitable objects being loaded in. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!