Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024
SOLVED!

WISH LIST: Video to Update Global Library

iggiv
Enthusiast

I am sure that there will be a video with step by step on how to upgrade my existing library to the international library. I have tried to do the upgrade to be prepared for when the final version is released, but I do not understand what or how to do it.

I have noticed that one disadvantage is that the library is not organized within the MasterFormat USA classification, which I would like to have sorted by since I have been doing architecture in the USA for a long time.

I look forward to understanding how to do this upgrade in a clear and easy way.

23 REPLIES 23
Solution
iggiv
Enthusiast

Not to worry. I have completed the transition of my Library.

One of the best script/code editors around is Microsoft Visual Studio.

It's free and has schemas for all sorts of things, including JSON (Javascript Object Notation). I'm using it for Python. 

Archicad 27 UKI | OS X 12.7.1 Monterey
Solution
iggiv
Enthusiast

I have finally completed the modification of my template and favorites manually. It took me 5 days, but I am happy to have cleaned all error reports of missing library elements, textures, etc., without using the migration library.

I am ready to start using AC28 when it becomes available. So far, I have experienced minimal crashes, and they only occurred when browsing for external files. Having completed the template, I believe I no longer need to perform these searches, so I am considering migrating to AC28 and discontinuing the use of AC27.

I have 1-2 more weeks before starting the new project, and I will make my decision then.

Thank you all for your help and input. I am closing this issue as solved.

Solution
Magdolna Marosvari
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @iggiv,

I'm glad to read that you were able to complete the Global Library-related template updates. 

For those interested in doing it as well, a video tutorial is available here that covers the key aspect of the update: custom template creation: https://graphisoft.sharefile.com/d-sf4427eb40ba94d76ae17cb0fcac72402

(The OOTB built-in template in Archicad 28 is compatible with the Global Library right away of course.)

Also for advanced and curious users I share here the Favorite Converter too (referred to in the release note too):

Favorite Converter Tool: https://graphisoft.sharefile.com/d-sfa77239f114643238ac4d9453f371701

Favorite Converter Demo Video: https://graphisoft.sharefile.com/d-s7f08371048784ff090b5cd6dcbeb3ab2 

You can expect a user-friendly version of the Favorite Converter around the First Customer Shipment release. Until then you can experiment with this one if you want to.

Best regards,

Magdolna

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!