Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD25 bug on Monterey

VladGoo
Contributor

Hello,

my ArchiCAD25 give me a bug when I exit from a project workspace since I installed new version, MacOS Monterey. Have you any idea when will come a update for Archicad who solve this problem or if it's ok to use the program in this condition? 

Best regards VT

46 REPLIES 46

I have mistakenly updated to OSX Monterey on M1 MacBook Pro. Both AC 24 and 25 are having serious issues. I can open existing drawings. I can work on them and save them. However you can't save as for any format file, you can't export PDF or DWG using publisher. When starting new project it can't be saved so only workaround is to copy existing file then rename it and work on it. Hopefully new versions of AC 24 and 25 resolve this otherwise it will have to be formatting the machine and reinstalling Big Sur.

Dear Sinisa,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry to hear about the issue!

We tested this on macOS Monterey, but couldn't reproduce this. It looks like this is a machine-related problem. I suggest contacting your local support about this issue for further investigation.

Thank you for your understanding, and I hope that it will be solved quickly!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Rolon

Update 02 has just been released.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein

Download the most recent update (Update 2) to ARCHICAD 25 which is described in this article:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Let-s-get-started/Archicad-Keeps-Getting-Better-Archicad-25-Upda...

Many new features have been added.  Surprisingly, this is the update which is supposed to address some of the MacOS Monterey compatibility issues, yet the article does not mention that.   Please install when the update is available for your localization and report back if Monterey issues persist.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

PS (I cannot edit my posts in Safari - a forum bug that is being worked on) ... Check for Updates within AC 25 reports that I am up-to-date when I am not.  I had to visit the Graphisoft update site to download AC 25 Build 4013.  Select your localization/etc from the drop-downs:

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?localization=USA&type=AC&version=25

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

The problem is that the new M1 MacBook Pros come only with Monterey and there is no option to "downgrade" them to Big Sur. Last I checked Graphisoft was the official Apple developer. Graphisoft has access to all the pre-release versions of the macOS months before the release version ships.

For the money that Graphisoft charges for the annual updates they should be improving Archicad BEFORE the operating system is released. The update hot fix should be available as soon as the next macOS comes out. Telling everyone to "wait half a year" is not a very compelling proposition.

@pawelfiett  Supposedly, 25 Update 2, released today, will resolve some of the Monterey issues reported in the Monterey compatibility article.  (Strangely, nothing in the release notes even mentions Monterey.). If this is the case, then the "wait" has only been one week... as Monterey was only released last week...

Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor

Replies acknowledged. Update 2 downloaded and as issue persisted OSX Monterey fully reinstalled. AC25 appears to be behaving as expected. We now wait for update to AC24 to solve crash on quitting. Let's hope this is the last I see about this as my previous OSX Monterey repair only worked for about 2 hours when it all fell apart again and 4 hours restoring it all should be worth it. And then one of these years we might even see Apple M1 version appear.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the discussion about Archicad 25 on Monterey!

We have solved the Check for Updates issue, so you will be able to receive the update through this feature now. Please let us know if anything goes wrong!

Thank you very much Karl for pointing it out! Yes, Update 2 (40xx) will ensure compatibility for Archicad 25 with macOS Monterey. If you find any problem, I encourage you to report it immediately to your local support, as the problem might be related to the specific computer.

Feel free to let us know if you have any comments or if you encounter any unexpected issues with Archicad 25 on Monterey!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor

I was just wandering and not sure if this is the correct tread what is the status of AC24 70XX update? It doesn't seem to be appearing on Graphisoft downloads site as yet.