Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 27 Crashing when editing text in elevations — All updated OS Sonoma and AC27

keene kopper
Booster

Hello, 

My AC is crashing pretty much every time I edit any text (labels, text boxes) in elevation. Its also having a lot of trouble with a very simple model thats made into a 3D view and placed on a layout. The issues seem buggy, as I've had AC for over 15 years. My OS and AC are all updated with the latest. I'm hoping that I can figure this out tonight so that when I get back to work tomorrow I can sort this out before my work day starts. Any help would be massively appreciated!

TV / Film Production: Sr. Set Designer
Art Directors Guild, Local 800
Archicad Latest Version
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9, >32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 20 4080 MB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
30 REPLIES 30
Karl Ottenstein

I'm still on Ventura (13.6.2) and don't see the issue in 27.1 on an ARM Mac ... so it must be a Sonoma thing as you're assuming, or possibly something with the Intel version...

Just a wild stab ... did you try going to your Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Advanced Redraw Options and turning off  the slider for 2D Drawing Acceleration?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
Daniel Kassai
Graphisoft Moderator
Graphisoft Moderator

Hi All,

crash occurs on MacOS 14 when CAPS is on and user is deleting text. This is a MacOS Sonoma bug, that we are aware and we are providing a workaround in AC26 Update 5 and AC27.2.0. 

If you wish to fix this on your own then a possible workaround is also available for this, by turning off the caps lock indicator introduced with MacOS 14.

Please note that this plist edit is system wide, so not only for Archicad.

Best regards,

Daniel Kassai 

Product Management

Daniel Kassai
Manager of Ecosystem, Product Management at Graphisoft

This seams to work!!!. thank you

I am having similar issues after updating to Sonoma 😞

There's a new update that I just download today. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

milindrode
Participant

Same here !! We are also using Archicad for last 15-17 years. Recently moved to ArchiCAD 27 from 20...

Hello 

I still have this problema at work in the Windows 10 version (with the latest version of archicad update).

Please help!

As far as I know, this is a MAC only issue.

Are you sure it is the same problem?

Have you reported it to your local support?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Barry, 

This is only a MAC & Archicad issue, correct? In my case editing text  while having caps on does not always crash my machine. Do you know if there's a fix for this yet? 

As far as I know it is a MAC only issue.

I think it is editing text with CAPS lock on and using backspace or delete as well?

But I believe it has been fixed in the latest update.

27 build 5003

26 build 7004

BarryKelly_1-1713495006977.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11