Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Couple of questions about Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I'm trying to make a study for a house project, and I'm having some problems with a couple of the Archicad features.

First,
I'have modeled the house, simple things. just walls and roofs, but now I want to make it shorter but I can't find a way to stretch all the elements at the same time: walls, roofs and slabs. The only way that I found to stretch things is doing it element by element and level by level,after pressing the suspend group tool (Alt + G), and this sounds like the opposite of Archicad proposal.

Second,
The Floor Plan Cut Plane is cutting the top of the roof, I to show it, but without changing the Floor Plan cut plane height for the entire level.

Third,
Stair shows only on the home story. I found a way to show it in the upper story, but it is not the way I wanted, when I change the attribute on the Stair Selection Setting>Floor Plan adn Section>Floor Plan Display>Show on Stories to Home and One Story up I can see it in the upper level, but I couldn't find a way to show a different 2D symbol on the upper level (I want only half of the stair to be show on the home story and the full stair w/ continuous lines on the upper level.

Fourth,
Someone here has already tried to see the compatibility between Archicad and 3D Max? What is the best way of exporting? Does it export correctly, with no need for special adjustments? It goes with mapping coordinates?

And Last, is there an Archicad in Portuguese, or a patch to change the language?

Thanks a lot for the support.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
haha, it is starting to become a self explanatory thread, hheehehe
I was using the polyline tool instead of the line.

T can make it work but depends on its size, otherwise it wont allow me to do, and the setting are not friendly and the post editing is almost inexistent.