Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Vertically curved wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to create a wall that curves in and out vertically, not horizontally. This will not be a load bearing wall, but merely a decorative wall so it doesn’t necessarily need to be a “wall”. I have tried using the wall tool as well as the mesh tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably the simplest approach is to draw the shape in plan with the slab or wall tool and save it as a library part.

From the 3D window:
1. Set an side view that would be the top view of the finished part.
2. Go to File > GDL Objects > Save 3D Model as...
3. Save the new part into your project library (for project specific custom parts).
4. Place the part in your plan (it will be the default selection in the object tool).

Remember to keep the original on a hidden layer called "Object Factory" or such, so you can make quick revisions.
Djordje
Ace
Ltlefrog wrote:
I need to create a wall that curves in and out vertically, not horizontally. This will not be a load bearing wall, but merely a decorative wall so it doesn’t necessarily need to be a “wall”. I have tried using the wall tool as well as the mesh tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If it is curving only in one axis, with constant thickness, use vaulted roof, or Matthew's advice.

If it is curving in two planes, then you can only model it as a segment of the Dome object from the standard library, or with (here I go again ...) ArchiForma.

Both roof and ArchiForma solutions are editable once placed, while the object has to be redefined. Any openings can be done using SEOs on all the solutions.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
... may I suggest, once again, ArchiWall?

Sorry!

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy