Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Why do my tools show coordinates instead of dimension?

adiftbv
Newcomer

My Archicad crashed today,and after it started back up,all my tools started to show coordinates instead of dimensions.I find this extreamly annoying,but i have no clue how to change it back,and i don't seem to know how to search for this either,because i can't find how to revert this change

image.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

It is unusual for a crash to alter your Work Environment, but apparently that is what has happened.

The specific setting to enable is shown in this screenshot, however I'd be worried that some of your other Work Environment (WE) settings could have gotten corrupted.  If you have customized your WE, then simply reload the last-saved/exported copies of it (which basically is a collection of all of the schemes in the WE).

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 3.42.45 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It looks like the setting of the tracker have been changed. I’ll be honest, I’ve been using AC for 24 years and still not got my head around this. Have a read of this article.  

https://help.Graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F030_Inter...

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

It is unusual for a crash to alter your Work Environment, but apparently that is what has happened.

The specific setting to enable is shown in this screenshot, however I'd be worried that some of your other Work Environment (WE) settings could have gotten corrupted.  If you have customized your WE, then simply reload the last-saved/exported copies of it (which basically is a collection of all of the schemes in the WE).

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 3.42.45 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB