BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC26 objects not rotating to 3D camera

jkershaw
Enthusiast

Anyone else running into this issue? 

The offending elements (thus far) are all the People Symbols. They actually seem to be auto-rotating, but they are rotating the wrong way (presenting the narrow end to the camera) no matter what rotation I enter into the object settings. 

The occurs in the 3D window in Parallel Projections. 

The workaround is to use a Perspective Projection, set the rotations, and go back to the Parallel Projection. However, if you Rebuild and Regenerate, the objects auto-rotate the wrong direction again. 

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 12.29.32 PM.png

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

This is working as designed.  Archicad objects only have the ability to detect the camera location in perspective views.  If you want to view the object in a parallel view (looks like a presentation elevation in this case?), you need to turn rotation off.  This might result in you having to have one set of entourage in a layer for elevations (etc) and another for perspectives.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Interesting. I don't recall this being the case over the years, but I believe you. Thanks for the reply.

AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
Learn and get certified!