Using IFC content can be a great tool in building up a custom library. Follow the steps below to convert IFC content into GDL objects.
1. Go to File > Open > Open.
2. Select the IFC file to import, check the box next to Launch a new instance of ARCHICAD and click Open.
3. In the Library Parts Location dialogue box choose a location to save the library part and click OK.
4. The IFC file will be converted into a GDL object that is located in the Embedded Library (if Embedded Library was chosen in the previous step).
5. Place the object to verify how it looks.
Exporting & Archiving Content
Once IFC content has been imported and converted into a GDL object it can be exported to an office library for wider and repeat use. Visit the link below on exporting content from the Embedded Library
. Exporting Content from the Embedded Library