Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Creating a New Zone Stamp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to create a new zone stamp? I want to be able to add considerable more information in to the zone stamp. So I am trying to find a way to create my own. Yet I can't seem to be able to find any documentation that will walk me through the process. Has anyone done this before?

I am using ArchiCAD 12.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein
James wrote:
Is there a way to create a new zone stamp? ... Has anyone done this before?
More times than you would think... search the forums. I do not know of a step-by-step, though.

Generally, you'll want to open an existing stamp and modify it. Requires knowledge of GDL scripting.

Karl

PS I'm moving this thread to the Libraries / Library Parts / GDL forum where it belongs. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The best learning would be to open the stamp as Karl suggested, but also try to understand each line of code, for example when it defines styles, uses REQUEST functions to get the setting of Dimensions that were set in the Project Preferences Dialog. Another thing is that there are many string functions as you are mostly dealing with Texts in a Zone Stamp.
Also, there are many GDL Global Parameters related to zones. There is an article about those:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/gdl-guide-for-archicad-18/chapter-12-miscellaneous/fix-named...

Otherwise, a Zone is similar to any other GDL script so the general GDL rules apply.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
laszlonagy wrote:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/gdl-guide-for-archicad-18/chapter-12-miscellaneous/fix-named...
Laszlo,

Any idea what the word "Fix" is supposed to mean in the title of that article (Zone Fix Parameters)? Seems odd...

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I agree, Zone Global variables or something similar would be more appropriate.
I do not know, but I have a guess: if you open the Zone Stamp for editing you can see that these parameters are displayed in blue like the A and B parameters, which means that they are hard-wired into the Subtype and cannot even be deleted.
That would be one explanation for me for "Fix".
But as I said, this is a guess.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Ah, thanks. Subtype seems as good an explanation as any. 😉

Karl

Hello, 

This link seems to be brocken : http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/gdl-guide-for-Archicad-18/chapter-12-miscellaneous/fix-named...

I want to try to make my own simple zone stamp like this one :

Capture d’écran 2022-02-23 à 11.19.45.png

With "Name" on up/left, "N°" on up/right and "Area" below

Without creating my own I get this :

Capture d’écran 2022-02-23 à 11.33.16.png

I do not want to create a complex parametric zone stamp.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

You would need to script your own zone stamp as I am not aware of one that could be manipulated as you want.

But don't forget in 25 you can now label zones.

It can almost be done with the 'zone label 25' - but not quite.

However you can create your own custom labels by addining some autotext and lines - set out as you want.

Then FILE menu > Libraries and Objects > Save selection as library part > label.

Now you can use it to label your zones.

It won't be parametric so you won't be able to stretch the boxes - you will have to GDL script to do that.

BarryKelly_0-1645614227046.png

It won't be perfect but not too bad I think.

Only scripting will get you exactly what you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hello Barry,

I know but I don't have to create this zone buffer on AC25 but on AC23.

I have to find the best of AC23 solutions.

I know it might be easier with AC25 but I think I'm able to get another way with GDL.

I very much appreciate your richly illustrated explanation and nevertheless continue my search for a pre-AC25 solution.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

With the default zone stamps, you have probably gotten as close to it as you can get.

Similar to what I could get with the zone stamp, except I had the comma as a separator instead of the vertical slash.

To get neat boxes you will need to script the stamp.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11