Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Curved Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi....
i'm looking for a window to put it in my curved wall but all windows would be straight rather than curved accept one called (w glass block wall)..is there a way to make the others behave like that one
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
In the USA version, window
"W M Curved 14"
conforms to the wall curvature once placed in the wall.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
For curved glass block you may need to make an empty (or cased) opening and model the blocks in place. The easy way to model glass block is to make a glass wall and use beams and columns for the mortar joints. In your curved condition you would have to use walls instead of beams for the horizontal joints.

You could also forgo the fussy modeling and use a glass block image texture. This can also give a more realistic representation of the block itself but the mortar joints will only display on the surface. This should be fine for distant views but probably not for closeups.

For extra realism you can combine these methods.
Dwight
Newcomer
Of Course, there IS a glass block 'window' that does this automatically, including following a curved wall.

W Glass BLock Wall 14

The problem with this object is aligning a modular textural overcoat like a glass block image to exactly match the modeled joints.
glass block etc.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks a lot...
what about archiglazing???it's wonderful add-on - i'm not sure but seems has the same problem...i wish it hasn't