Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to add custom texture to furniture?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I as a beginner am very confused about this. I have downloaded and placed a sofa in my interior, but when it is placed in the room, it appears plain grey. The image of it on the website was with colourful cushions and a light texture for the actual sofa, but I cannot find any way to make it appear the same in my model! The download folder has the texture images enclosed, so I wonder if there is any way to apply them on the objects?

Please help a fresh architecture student!
Thanks in advance!
17 REPLIES 17
Barry Kelly
Where it says "Use AC Material..." tick the box and then see if you can change "General" to the material you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Where it says "Use AC Material..." tick the box and then see if you can change "General" to the material you want.

Barry.
Silly me! I didn't think I could click on that. Thank you!
Now this way I can change the texture to any of the basic ones. Any idea on how to give it the custom look?
Barry Kelly
Barry wrote:
Yep that's it.
You won't have the materials of the original object but you can make up your own.
Downloading the original object does not download separate materials (surfaces) as well but it seems you do have the JPG image files so you can create your own.

The original materials are scripted into the object but I am not sure why they are not working without delving into it more which I can't do at the moment.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Barry wrote:
Yep that's it.
You won't have the materials of the original object but you can make up your own.
Downloading the original object does not download separate materials (surfaces) as well but it seems you do have the JPG image files so you can create your own.

The original materials are scripted into the object but I am not sure why they are not working without delving into it more which I can't do at the moment.

Barry.

Brilliant! This saved my life! Thank you very much.
Barry Kelly
Eaglette wrote:
Any idea on how to give it the custom look?
I am not sure why the materials scripted into the object are not working.
But using the Archocad mateials you can choose from any that you already have set up in your file.
If you want something different you can create your own new materials (should call them surfaces now in 18) in the surface settings dialogue (materials settings before 18).
You can even add the JPG images you have from the download (these will only be visible in OpenGL 3D engine).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Eaglette wrote:
Any idea on how to give it the custom look?
I am not sure why the materials scripted into the object are not working.
But using the Archocad mateials you can choose from any that you already have set up in your file.
If you want something different you can create your own new materials (should call them surfaces now in 18) in the surface settings dialogue (materials settings before 18).
You can even add the JPG images you have from the download (these will only be visible in OpenGL 3D engine).

Barry.
Awesome! This made my day! (or night - 3:48am )
Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 03.51.11.png
Barry Kelly
Eaglette wrote:
Brilliant.
Now is it time to sleep or time to start a new day?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Eaglette wrote:
Brilliant.
Now is it time to sleep or time to start a new day?

Barry.
Still going. This won't end until the middle of the next week.