cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Inclined object

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am creating a Piza Tower as an object. Does anyone know how I can make the tower incline?
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Add ROTX (or ROTY or ROTZ) command at the "top" of 3D Script.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Or, if you are very adventurous, you can use the XFORM command of GDL (coordinate transformation).
Of course its result will be different from the result you would get using ROT commands.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much!
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I add ROTX then what else do I have to type in if I need the object to incline at the angle 30 degree?
TomWaltz
Participant
Caren wrote:
When I add ROTX then what else do I have to type in if I need the object to incline at the angle 30 degree?
The syntax for the the ROT commands are
ROTX angle
so you would type in
ROTX 30
Don't forget the the Tower of Pisa has two different angles of inclination!
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Caren wrote:
Take a look in AC9 Help Documentation: GDL Reference Guide > Coordinate Transformations > 3D Transformations.
Djordje
Ace
Caren wrote:
After adding ROTwhatever, make sure to add enough DEL statements to remove the transformations ... of course, after they are done.

One of the golden rules of GDL scripting: the cursor should start and end the script at the origin.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
how do I tilt this pickup?
ROTZ.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Djordje
Ace
Steve wrote:
how do I tilt this pickup?
Insert a jack and crank it up? 😉

Add ROTx tilt at the beggining of the 3D script; add new parameter of the angle type called tilt; add DEL 1 to the end of the 3D script.

Try before you save.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen