Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Load-bearing masonry solution

Electric Flute
Booster
Is there any parametric object or add-on for ArchiCAD that makes load-bearing masonry? It is great to estimate quantities. There are many for Revit, but I didn't find anything for ArchiCAD so far.
Thanks,
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
23 REPLIES 23
Electric Flute
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
The mortar joints are frames in CW.
I see, thank you for your help.
But too much hassle. Not worth it.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Eduardo Rolon
Curious as to why it is a hassle?
- CW is part of AC so no extra cost
- It only took me less than a minute to place the door and edit the CMUs
- Once the first Scheme is done then you can save it as a Favorite
-----
Is it that the other plugins automatically create and select the CMUs once you place an opening?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I liked ContraBIM's video because I learned more about pattern editing with blocks as the example than I ever did from a Graphisoft video. I've got a complex tower facade (actually 2) that I will finally get to apply some of what I learned. Looking forward.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Eduardo Rolon
On another note the original screenshot from RVT indicates that the wall is a Curtain Wall too.
So now I am more confused as to why using the CW tool in AC is too much hassle.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Aaron wrote:
I liked ContraBIM's video because I learned more about pattern editing with blocks as the example than I ever did from a Graphisoft video. I've got a complex tower facade (actually 2) that I will finally get to apply some of what I learned. Looking forward.
You should have seen Laszlo's presentation during ARCHINTENSIVE 2021
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Electric Flute
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
On another note the original screenshot from RVT indicates that the wall is a Curtain Wall too.
So now I am more confused as to why using the CW tool in AC is too much hassle.
Thanks Eduardo. You are right, the Revit exemple above is made with their CW Tool, I just notice it by you.
I had an idea, I will use the CW tool in a different way to deal with the multiple sizes of blocks in the running bond intersections. I will test it and return you.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Electric Flute,

I will also be interested in the solution you come up with.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
I would also like to know about those RVT add-ons.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Electric Flute
Booster
LaszloNagy wrote:
Electric Flute,

I will also be interested in the solution you come up with.
As the first (odd) row blocks differ from the second (even) row blocks, the load-bearing masonry project needs 2 plan views (1st row view and 2nd row view). Therefore, I created 2 CWs for the same wall, each CW in a unique layer for each Plan Views. One CW starts on the first row and another CW starts on the second row in between. With this method I model the wall like the real world and solved the following need:
- 2 Plan Views of each row. (1st row view and 2nd row view)
- There is no need to always delete intersection and corner blocks from the running bond masonry

Ok so far. But I got trouble in one display situation, I think it is a ArchiCAD bug: One of the CW don`t show it properly on plan view, because of the "Floor Plan Cut Plane". No matter what I do, the CW don't show as projected top view. So, this stopped me so far.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Eduardo Rolon
That line happens when you have two of the same object occupying the same space. If I am correct then moving one of the CWs should fix it.
---
On the other point you don't need 2 CWs to have different rows. The Contrabim video shows how to do it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!