cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Possible to set window glazing thickness to zero?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Per the title, I have been experimenting with workflows to Rhino/Grasshopper for lighting simulation studies with DIVA. Normally, the window glazing needs to be exploded and one of the prime glazing surfaces needs to be deleted for each window to run a study, and I was looking for a way to skip this process manually.

I've tried to set the glazing thickness in window properties to 0 but it seems to want a non-zero number. I have then been looking at the (blue) gs_glass_thk parameter in the GDL interface and the parameter will neither allow zero nor to be edited meaningfully, or deleted in order to create a new one.

I've tried looking for this parameter thinking it might exist under a different sub-category, but have not found one.

Any suggestions on what might be a possible solution?

TIA
/b
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
You need to check Parameter script. Somewhere there must exist command
VALUES "gs_glass_thk" RANGE ( 0, CUSTOM
this command is not letting to enter zero or less then zero
Barry Kelly
I know this is an old post but seeing that it has been replied to now, there may (& I stress may) be another solution.

Does your window object have a parameter option to show the glazing as 'Planes'?

Glazing in windows is scripted as 'PRISM' or similar, which is why you can not have a zero thickness, as it would result in an error.
But there may be a parameter option in the object to show the glazing as a plane.
I am not familiar with the default Graphisoft window objects and different language versions have different options.
This parameter may not be there at all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Podolsky
Ace
PRISM can have zero height and it's not causing errors. It even can have negative height.

I took a look deeply into windows script - it's too complex to search there, as they are using several macros one inside of another.

But just to give a test - I entered values gs_glass_thk = 0 - all is working fine.