Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall detailing in interior - Cornices & Baseboards

cocoloco
Expert

Hello! 

Could someone please help me on where to find library with Cornices & Baseboards?  If not library, maybe it is in wall setting?  

To be concrete, I would like to create 4" floating baseboards but also some Flush baseboards (inside off wall with lines) . I haven't find tool how to make 1" deep hole in wall.. Which would be enough for me to do if I can....  

Not necessary but if someone can also let me know how to show in elevations that it has integrated led that would be fabulous. Or do I have to draw it in each room (I mean full house ehm). 

Cornice sample 

cocoloco_0-1720109481954.jpeg

Flush baseboard sample 

cocoloco_1-1720109507985.jpeg

floating baseabord sample 

cocoloco_2-1720109553019.jpeg

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 14 Sonoma

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tim Ball
Expert

I use complex profile beams for all trims like this. If it’s applied to the surface just place on a different layer with a unique intersection number saved to every layer combo.

Where you want a flush skirting you need to SEO it.

You can start with a simple complex profile and as you add to the level of detail you can update the profiles. As separate beams you can also add data to them.

Sometimes it’s faster to magic wand a whole room and then delete the parts you don’t want.

You can also create a grove for the LED tape and then drop  linear light object into the groove afterwards. It depends on the level of detail you are being paid for!
Then you can detail in 3D as well

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I have one I'm working on but I won't have it ready until later this year.

Message me and maybe you can help with testing.

Solution
Tim Ball
Expert

I use complex profile beams for all trims like this. If it’s applied to the surface just place on a different layer with a unique intersection number saved to every layer combo.

Where you want a flush skirting you need to SEO it.

You can start with a simple complex profile and as you add to the level of detail you can update the profiles. As separate beams you can also add data to them.

Sometimes it’s faster to magic wand a whole room and then delete the parts you don’t want.

You can also create a grove for the LED tape and then drop  linear light object into the groove afterwards. It depends on the level of detail you are being paid for!
Then you can detail in 3D as well

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
cocoloco
Expert

I wonder if someone would agree this should be easier and in actually wall setting rather than something custom made/ Fe, have in wall setting what kind of baseboard I want in full house and cornice type rather than model it in "complex setting/profiles". Modeling should not be this time consuming....... :((( 

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)

Setup info provided by author

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!