Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

doors frame

arsensargsyan2040
Contributor

arsensargsyan2040_0-1726994438255.png

how can i get this kind of hidden door profile? I'd like it to be visible in the 2d plans.Thank you in advance

Operating system used: Windows 11

Screenshot 2024-09-22 123439.png

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @arsensargsyan2040,

In France, architectural agencies use level plans for a maximum 1/50 display. At 1/50 this type of joinery frame is not visible. In addition, the Archicad detail function aims to complete the plans with more precise graphic indications at 1/25, 1/20, 1/10, etc. . Modeling the profile of the joinery as you suggest would cause a monstrous increase in the number of polygons in the 3D model to the point of making it heavy and slow to modify. Since it is not wise to model this profile, it is then sufficient to draw it exclusively in 2D for the needs of technical details. The detail function is made for this.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
arsensargsyan2040
Contributor

I see, I also use the detail tool. I just wanted to have less manually drawings, and to have it in auto update mode, and I'm sure in the future there will be other mechanisms in the Archicad, that will allow us to have it without any extra load on our processors (sometimes builders use pdf drawings, and they can zoom in and see all the necessary details, so the scale of the drawing isn't so important). Thank you for your reply.

Setup info provided by author