Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

license key does not exist , emergency license does not work.. .

cocoloco
Advocate

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 3.25.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 6.37.48 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.42.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.40.02 PM.png

  

Hello

I currently run into an issue with license key! What a nightmare. Please could someone advise? 

When I open archicad it says I don't have any license, even if I am logged in under a correct email. The license is showing turned on on the desktop on my profile. The tech support haven't got back to me and I am running our of time, I need to work on a project and not to deal with stupid & paid license :((((( I would say maybe there is issue with the Codemeter, I don't know I never ever heard about this issue and didn't think this can even happen 

Oh! and the emergency license code... that does not work either! it says it does not exist while I clearly see it does. 

Note: I am on MacBook, I did unistalled/installed everything again but did not help. I am licensed user (annual solo version) 

thank you! 

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Update:

the Archicad support contacted me and found out that my license key got damaged (I guess through my computer clean up) and that’s why it showed active on computer but could not  find or put it back to the pool. They provided new key the same day thanks god. So I am very happy. 
(I still think it would be cool to have a pool similar to what adobe has, easier to manage, put license in and out, and remove from computer if needed online if thing like this happen)…. I love archicad but it’s not nasa software to need this bullet proof license ( I mean adobe is bullet proof too but doesn’t have the red tape around)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Barry Kelly

Is it a hardware or software license?

If hardware, try moving it to another USB port.

I can't comment on the emergency license as I have never tried it.

I wasn't aware there was a code.

I thought you just activate it and you get it available for 5 days.

Maybe you have used it before?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Marc H
Advisor

Not sure if this is related, but my MBP lost its license key today.  (Happens about once a year.) Perhaps a Mac or a GS issue.  In any case, I was able to use the GS License Manager Tool to 'repair' the license.  This will require you to open the tool and log in to your Graphisoft ID and follow the instructions.  

Oh, I see you have the tool open!  You might try re-starting your MBP and try the tool again.  If not, I would try GS support again.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Karl Ottenstein

If you e-mailed your country-specific technical support (and/or your reseller), you might try phoning them.  No idea which will get a faster response.

Meanwhile, you can check that your Codemeter is working on a Mac by checking two different places.  The second (LMT) is really all that is needed unless it shows no licenses.

1.  In System Preferences, at the bottom, you'll see a Codemeter icon that will let you see if the Codemeter Service is running and what version of Codemeter software you are running.  (I'm on 7.51.5429.500 but don't know if that is the most recent or not.)

2.  In Applications > GRAPHISOFT > License Manager Tool you can find and run the "GRAPHISOFT License Manager Tool". This will let you check your Codemeter as well as enable an emergency license.  You will likely need to sign in with your Graphisoft ID.  The Codemeter keyplug looks like a USB device in the list of available keys and clicking on it should show a list of licenses available on that key - minimally the most recent version of Archicad that you have purchased.  A softkey / emergency key will have an icon like a computer monitor.  (I have an expired one showing - and have no idea how to remove it.)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Sorry about the confusion - I studied a bit more and it seems the emergency license has to be inquired separately. So never mind. As far as the rest,  I do have software... I also checked code meter and it says I don't have there any license either (although it shows green/online on my exam computer when I log in online to see my license here). I did all I could but I think I am unable to do anything until I hear back. This is bad ://

Oh interesting! I absolutely can see any option to "repair" a thing. Only that I don't have anything, and when I clicked on code meter online, it says I don't have any licensed either. On top of it, it was just today when I was cleaning my MacBook ... I feel quite careful but now feel guilty if it's related. anyway, I hope it is rather related to your issue 😄 Either way, . I feel like there is nothing I can do than just wonder.

@cocoloco wrote:

I also checked code meter and it says I don't have there any license either (although it shows green/online on my exam computer when I log in online to see my license here). I did all I could but I think I am unable to do anything until I hear back. This is bad ://

So when you log into your 'exam' computer, you do have a license.

If this is your software license, then you must release it and send it back to the company pool, before you can then download it onto a different machine.

If you only have one software license but need to work on different machines, you have to release the license to be able to use it on another machine.

It can only be released from the machine it is currently installed on, it can't be done remotely from another machine.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I am trying it. What I understood I have to "inquiry" about the emergency license which may be provided by the tech support rather than just getting it like this. I don't have any "hardware", just software. HOWEVER what I can do as "now" is adding commercial license key which I understand is the generic archicad license, but when I click on it, and sign in, again, it says no license found... 

From what I think it is, and again, I am not a tech (this is why it's extremely frustrating for me).. But it seems like whatever happened with my license... it disappeared from the pool, however still looks it is Active my computer  (at my profile on Graphisoft, not license pool app) and because the license disappeared somewhere, I can not even pass it to my other email/account/user/... 

I wonder if there is any other way to get that lost license in the pool, manually remove it from association form my computer and adding again... 

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.47.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.40.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 5.42.01 PM.png

No, it does not show license when I am on computer, so I can't put it to the pool. It shows it online only when I log in into the Archicad website and I look over the license pool, where it shows as "active" on my computer. However, it is not active on my computer, no license is found in license pool app, or code meter. (please see printsctreens I showed on post below). I wish I can return it to pool, or remove from computer somehow but I can't even find it. And I even unistalled/installed the apps. 

When I log into GraphisoftID website, I can see who has borrowed a software licence and what machine it is on.

BarryKelly_0-1686013599216.png

I would then have to log in on that machine and release the license.

If it is showing the same as the machine that you are on, but that machine is not able to see or use that license, then you will have to contact your local support and ask them to send the license back to the pool.

They are the only people that can do it if the license is 'lost'.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27