BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

2D representation of adjacent elements

arqperalta
Contributor
When you have 2 adjacent roofs (slabs, meshes, fills, etc) rendered in 2D documents with any non continuos line, most of the times the line that represent the separation of the two elements does not show like a non continuos line. Is very time consuming to try to correct that by flipping the element and only works with regular and symmetrical shapes. Is there any way to make the non continuos outlines of 2 or more different elements to be aligned?[/img]

Clipboard01.jpg
Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Asus i9, 64Gb Ram, Windows 11, 4Gb graphs
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
YES.
Laszlonagy post an example to solve this few years ago. It goes in this way:
arqperalta
Contributor
Thank you Andro55, that works nicely with 2 adjacent bodies, but what if you have more? lets say the irregular steps of a custom stair, or anything like that? is there any other way other than try to find the correct point to start drawing the elements?
Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Set the Pens for the slab contours to white (91), then draw a polyline (solid line, black) on outher contours and lines (dashed, black) on adjacent sides.
arqperalta
Contributor
Thank you again Andro55, the thing is I'm trying to do my drawings without adding lines or polylines, there should be a way to get the correct representation every time using the 3D elements only. I think thats the final goal and a wish of everyone of us.
Carlos J. Peralta

a r c h i t e c t

Peru - USA

AC 4.55 - 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
A long-time wish, which I had a solution to IN THIS THREAD but it hasn't been implemented yet.
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can if you just keep dragging a copy or mirroring a copy so all the steps are made from a copy of the first one you drew, then the dashed perimeter lines will all share an origin and they will line up correctly irregardless of the shape of each tread.

Yours don't because you were SLOPPY when you created the steps and the edges don't precisely align. There are GAPS. so in your screen shot we see lines that are parallel-ish

Screen Shot 2012-06-28 at 10.23.35 PM.png
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!