Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D points cloud and mesh modelling... architerra?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo everyone, I've got a big problem... I have to model a 3D terrain and I have a cloud of 3D points defining it. I have this cloud both in dwg format and in txt format, how can I transform this cloud in a 3D mesh with Archicad?

I have Architerra too and it actually imports the cloud of points... but it looks like this is no sufficiente information for architerra to generate a proper 3D terrain model, because it only shows me, as a result, a flat mesh with various points like mountains. What am I doing wrong? Surely there must be a way to model a 3D terrain from a cloud of points, right? Why aren't the points softly connected one with another? I just don't get it, please help, I a newbye with meshes...
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use AC14, it's simple:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer and sorry for not explaining properly about my environment: Mac OSX 10.6 latest version, Archicad 13. I've got architerra 3 too. What will AC14 do with my cloud of points with that command? Will I have something like a spikes field or a real terrain morphology based on my points?

P.S.: since I don't have ac14... could you please please create the mesh for me if I send you the points?
Sorry for disturbing...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Attach the .txt file in .zip format.
Anonymous
Not applicable
andro55 wrote:
Attach the .txt file in .zip format.
Thank u so much man!
These points are all around a certain shape... please see if you can obtain anything different from a terribly sad spike field
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC14 result is:
Mesh_punti_AC13.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can download the .pln in AC13 from here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4k9fck276mivrl4/Mesh_punti_AC13.zip
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, that's what I mean. Thank u very much for trying but can you that it looks like a spike field, not a real terrain? I mean, why does it have to be so sharp? In your experience, isn't there a way to make it look like a real terrain?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Change settings of the Mesh:
Mesh_All ridges smooth.jpg