Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad fills layout unmanageable

cocoloco
Advocate

Hi!

I will try my best to explain the issue with fills I have. 

We add fills on top of elevations, for tiles it’s important that the fills (tile size) is layer out logically.  By logically I mean that if I have space 24x12, and I use tile that is 24x12, that it will use for that space only one tile instead of two.

so far I tried all different “layout options” from the archicad selection but neither one would fit the tile in the space that is designed for the tile. It’s important for us for the tile to be well layed out so the trades understand it, they would not guess it’s random and would make mistakes.

if the fills aren’t working like this we would have to do all of this manually, and then I could as well just use sketchup for free .. 

does anyone have solution for this? 

 in photo attached the tile is as mentioned 12x24” and the width for the space is 24”, so why it doesn’t show just one tile?? (Layout setting/spread doesn’t help)

IMG_1195.jpeg

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
11 REPLIES 11

By modelling everything I can label and schedule everything in the model. It also means that all of my documents are created automatically from the model and I use associated labels on everything. So if I change the attribute all of the labels will update automatically and so do all of my schedules and legends.

It also enables the ability for measurement and quantification directly from the model. And visualisation in BIMx and imagery and VR in Enscape is what it will look like when it is built. Quite easy to model to be honest with you, when you have a good system in place.

Nathan Hildebrandt fraia
Director | Skewed
AC6 - AC27 | WIN 11 | i9-10900K, 3.7Ghz | 32GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX

@cocoloco wrote:

YOU ARE MODELING WALL AND FLOOR FINISHES???????? 😭

There is an old saying for 3D BIM software such as Archicad.

"Model it as it is built".

Follow that and you can't go wrong.

A fill or lines for tiles on a wall may look OK, but you can't schedule them or see them in 3D.

I personally use objects that have the tiling built in (these may not be available in the default library - I create my own objects).

Once modelled in 3D, I have it done for every section and elevation automatically with no extra work.

BarryKelly_0-1707876759652.png

BarryKelly_1-1707877308813.png

No extra line work what so ever.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11