Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad will crash if I press the stretch height of the zone in the mod.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

Archicad will die if I press the stretch height of the zone in the mod.

LeeJaeYoung_0-1685781924152.png

AC27 on window 11
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein

Your image looks like a Section view.  By "die" do you mean that Archicad crashes and gives you the Bug Reporter if you attempt to stretch a zone in section?   What version and build is this happening with?

With AC 26 build 5003, when the zone is not linked to a story but has its height specified, the vertical resize pet palette option does not work for me in section or 3D (rubber band shows the stretch, but the height never actually changes).  But, I get no crash.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

The program is forced to close.
So, you can do it by pressing Ctrl+T and adjusting the height.

Thank you. ^^
Now, I think it's a good experience because I'm testing ArchiCAD with a project I did with Revit in the past. Next time I make a mod, I'll try to be a little more careful.

AC27 on window 11
Oleksandra Vakariuk
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear @LeeJaeYoung,

Thank you for raising this issue!

I tried this in Archicad 25 7000 and Archicad 26 5002 and I could not reproduce the issue. If you'd like to continue the investigation and find the root of the problem, please share a problematic file with me in a private message.

@Karl Ottenstein, thanks for checking! A zone stretches without any issues for me in Archicad 26 INT and USA. However, I found an old bug that causes this issue when Height/Top Offset is unchecked in Element (Parameter) Transfer Settings. Can you confirm that this is the case on your side?

Kind Regards,

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer

Where do you mean send it?
I would appreciate it if you could make a place to store it for a month if possible.

AC27 on window 11

Thanks for posting, Sasha!   With AC 26 USA 5003 ARM, I created a zone that is not linked to a story, mouse-down on a top hotstpot to get the pet palette and tracker and see what is in the attached screenshot.  If I type a number, it enters in the tracker but when I press Enter, nothing changes.  If I stretch the hotspot or edge, I see the ghost of the top plane of the zone going up or down as I move the mouse, but when I click there is no change to the height that way either.  Height/Top Offset is checked in Transfer settings.

Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 9.31.23 AM.jpg

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Why does this file keep downloading?

[link deleted by moderator]

AC27 on window 11

Please do not post strange links on the Community.  I didn't even want to click on it to see what it was as it was a strange looking URL.  Instead - what is the name of the file that keeps downloading, and when does it download - from within Archicad? or?

We can sign up for a cafe and upload files there.
I uploaded it, so trust me, people will download it.
There is no way to upload a file here, so I uploaded a file on my blog and linked it.
I would like to suggest another way.
I think you should say please do this before saying no. Then I'll follow that rule.
I say this file is down, what should I show to someone who says there is no problem?

AC27 on window 11

Lee Jae,

Once again, your Korean to English translator is causing so much confusion.  Your post said "Why does this file keep downloading?" ... NOW you say that the link (in Korean) was to a file that you uploaded.  This is why it has been suggested in the past that you contact Graphisoft Korea directly to avoid the language problem.

@Oleksandra Vakariuk asked you in her post to send her a link to the file - not to post it here in public.  To send her or anyone here a private message, click on their name to get to their profile such as this:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/12425

and then click the orange "Send a Message" button at the top right.  Include the link to your uploaded file there.