Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cutting line between the same materials.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone.

I am looking for solutions for my problem. Is there any way to get a cut line in sections between different elements but made from same materials? In horizontal section you can see each element but in vertical section everything looks like a one shape.

(Vertical section is on the left side of the attachment)

PastedGraphic-23.png
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend
If you duplicate the material and give it a different name then you can use the different material to force a joint line to appear.

An alternative would be to put the various components on different layers and prevent them merging using the intersection group number...

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-19-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference-2/d...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
For this reason we have up to 4 different buildingmaterials for basically the same material with increments of 1 in priority (for example 600, 601, 602, 603) for laminated wood panels, wood, MDF, etc. It takes a bit of planning when assembling furniture, or fine trim detailing, but it results in clear and readable sections.

Similar problems occur with concrete (prefabricated element assemblies).

It helps to have multiple fills too, once you start using the same ones for windows/doors/skylights/objects. These do not use buildingmaterials, but tend to merge similar fills touch in section.

Let's say you have a wooden window frame set in a wooden panelling facade, if they both use the same cut fill, they will merge. Or empty fills for the air cavity and empty fills for frames. It's a 'problem' we get a lot at early stages of design before going through some of the sections to fix it.

Regarding intersection groups: these work like a charm, until you start saving stuff in to hotlinked modules and everything in the module behaves according to the intersection group number of the hotlinked module 'master' layer, rather than the layers of the hotlinked elements. Not cool
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
"For this reason we have up to 4 different buildingmaterials for basically the same material with increments of 1 in priority (for example 600, 601, 602, 603) for laminated wood panels, wood, MDF, etc. It takes a bit of planning when assembling furniture, or fine trim detailing, but it results in clear and readable sections."

This works for me. Thanks a lot!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am newie in archicad,I quickly tripped on with this issue. When drawing interior walls made of gyps boards. The intersection disappear. It would be easier than have different walls for the "same type of wall" to make understandable the program to keep intersection lines when walls are build one after the other.