Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Dorr Markers rotated 90 degrees

Dave Brach
Advocate
When I place an associative lable for my doors, the number is rotated 90 degrees, and I can't figure out how to correct this. Can anybody help me?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dave:

I was able to reproduce this bug by mirroring a wall with a labeled door, using the Label Door-Marker 15. There is code in the label for Wall_Direction that I think is supposed to correct for this. The only solution I found was to change the Label Rotation value (Label Settings > Symbol Label > Rotation Angle) to 90.01˚ (setting this to 90˚ does not work correctly).

It would help if you named the Label you are using, as well as added screen shots of the problem.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dave Brach
Advocate
Thanks, David.

I am using Label Door-Marker14. In my case, if I change the rotation to 270.01 degrees then it is correct. So that works but it's a little annoying.

Attached is a screen shot
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dave:

I found this problem in plan, doors in walls running x axis are ok, doors in walls running y axis show the bug. Besides trying to correct the GDL code in the Label, I don't see a solution.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dave Brach
Advocate
I found that if I use the eye dropper/needle to transfer properties from a window label to the door label, then it corrects the door label.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura