Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

From 7.0/0S 9.2.2 to 8.1/OS X.2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, I haven't had any problems transfering projects over from AC 7.0 to AC 8.0/8.1

The one problem I do have, though, is I can not get the file association to switch to open in AC 8.1. I use OS X Panther and use the 'change all' button in Get Info, but it always switches back....

Anyone have any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
__archiben
Booster
1505Gough wrote:
The one problem I do have, though, is I can not get the file association to switch to open in AC 8.1. I use OS X Panther and use the 'change all' button in Get Info, but it always switches back....

Anyone have any ideas?
i seem to recall having a conversation with somebody who thought that updating the prebindings would fix this. can't recall if i ever tested it . . .

if you want to give it a go, open your terminal and type:

sudo update_prebinding -root / -force
hit return, enter your password, and return again.

you'll see lines of text scrolling up your screen - don't worry! it takes about 5 minutes maybe to complete. it is basically forcing the OS to go through the application files and make sure that they're correctly linked together. it can't do any harm and is useful to do as a maintenance task every few months if you feel the computer slowing down.

if you feel a bit nervous about using the terminal (use at your own risk!) you can always get hold of simple system maintenance applications such as cocktail to run them for you from a graphical user interface.

let me know if it works . . . ?
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup