BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help! How to model wood storefront window in historic bldg?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to posting, but I am perplexed on how to model a traditional wood storefront in an historic building. the store front has a transom window with a door and sidelights(one on one side and three on the other)? All of the door/window libraries don't appear to address this type of storefront. Or do I just have to "make the window"...just wondering if I am missing something obvious? are there any good video examples anyone knows of?

thanks so much

m
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's impossible to give specific advice without more details but its quite likely that you will have to assemble what you need from a variety of parts. Historical storefronts can vary pretty widely and the chances that the standard parts will do what you need are pretty small.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response Matthew.
I have begun piecing the storefronts together with a variety of parts that begin to tell the story in a very rudimentary way.

I was hoping that someone may have had similar situations and would have been able to point me to a you tube video or similar situation walking
thru a possible process to model unique conditions

thanks again

mark
KeesW
Advocate
Cadimage Windows + Doors allow very good and quite complex door and window combinations. You can download a trial version to look at it.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Karl Ottenstein
Mark,

It would help if you could post an image of what you are trying to model, with some comments on the level of detail / accuracy that you want. There are a variety of solutions for what you describe - but if the shape of the frames and trim is important/essential, different techniques may apply.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!