cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How would you draw this in ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to draw this model I have made for a project at University. So far I have only drawn a 3D house in ArchiCAD, but that was made up from walls etc. What I want is a basic frame to show the shape and intersection of my model. Which tools etc, would I use to get it 3D

photo-6.jpg
82 REPLIES 82
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone ? I just basically want to draw the model in 3D...

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is quite a challenge, but it can be done.
1 draw the contour with walls
2 place a roof
3 trim to roof
4 make an object (axonmetric top view, save 3D model as)
5 place the object

6 redo for second element, but add a rotation factor in the top of the 3D script (ROTY 10, or ROTX 10 or ROTY 10, which depends on your object)
7 add this line to the 2D script PROJECT2 3,270,1 for correct 2D view
8 you might want to adjust the position in an elevation
9 and so on . . .

good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
It is quite a challenge, but it can be done.
1 draw the contour with walls
2 place a roof
3 trim to roof
4 make an object (axonmetric top view, save 3D model as)
5 place the object

6 redo for second element, but add a rotation factor in the top of the 3D script (ROTY 10, or ROTX 10 or ROTY 10, which depends on your object)
7 add this line to the 2D script PROJECT2 3,270,1 for correct 2D view
8 you might want to adjust the position in an elevation
9 and so on . . .

good luck!
Great ! What thickness would you use, it's only about 2mm thick so should I just use that ? Did you use the default roof setting, or should I manipulate them from my model, likewise the height of the ' walls' i.e if its 25mm high I would raise the walls 25mm high then put the roof on and trim ?

How would I do the back piece which is just a single curve?

Were suppose to use AutoCAD but I have a Mac and don't want to install windows... Would it be much easier in AutoCAD ?

Thanks very much !

P.S how long did it take you to do that ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just measure up your model and use those sizes.
For the back piece use a complex profile.
You can also use this to get the round edges

Ofcourse it is easier with ArchiCAD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which tool is ' complex profile' from ? Your dialog boxes are quite different from mine ( are you on PC )

How did you do the front piece( first image) so that they overlapped and looked like they would fit in. Do I need to specify each part by the level from next floor option and change that in increments of X ?

I'm very uneducated in CAD and it's up to all of us ( Students) to figure it out by ourselves to a point.... I really appreciate your help
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't want to be rude, but there is a lot of information about complex profiles in the help files of AC. Go to Help/ArchiCAD Help and do a search on Complex profiles. They can explain it better than I can.

For the objects go to this website http://www.graphisoft.com/education/training_guides/#gdl

If you still have problems, we will take it from there.
Dwight
Newcomer
If you dislike GDL, a free utility for rotating elements is:

ArchiRotate, from Cigraph.

It converts Archicad objects into objects that can be tilted without any code writing.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight you need to reread the website - it allows you to freely rotate - but it is not free!
30 euros...
Dwight
Newcomer
Sorry. Used to be. i think.
Dwight Atkinson