Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

MEP horizontal cable trays with the back against the wall

Jakob_Floyd
Booster

Hello,

Could anyone please tell me how to draw cable ladder that is horizontal and also with the back against the wall? I attach several images with the ladder in question circled in red. Image number 4 is from my own project - the circled part IS a ladder, but I could not make it look nice, so for time being I switched the height and width around and ended with this monstrosity 🙂 The idea in my project is that cables come from the top, then switch to a ladder that is on the side and enters the building and then the ladder continues same way on the side of the wall.

I tried rotating it, I tried slope setting, but just couldn't figure it out.

I am looking forward to your tips,

Sincerely,

Jakob

3.jpg4.png1.jpg2.jpg

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11
1 REPLY 1
Jakob_Floyd
Booster

Update:

I have installed addon from centralinnovation.com called Objective and it enabled me to achieve the required result. I had to place a cable ladder vertically, then use Section Tool and within the section I was able to use addon to Rotate the ladder 90 degrees (see attached image).

This addon is paid and rather expensive for what I have a need for and I do not understand why Archicad does not have a Rotate function in the section view. Hopefully, it is something that will get implemented in the next release 🤞 And while looking for the solution, I came across a guide for Revit and it used the same steps as I did, except there is no need for addon in Revit to achieve this.

1.png

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11