Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with 3d-2d window transition

Botonis
Advisor

When I click between 3d and the floor plan, the latter becomes white and I have to scroll or double click for the elements to appear. This is happening with even a new file and just one object placed.

I have a new windows 11 installation and NVIDIA later drivers.

I don't remember this behaviour before. Is there anything wrong with a windows update or something........

Please check the video. Any clue here would be really useful. Really appreciate any help! 

Greetings. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
2 REPLIES 2
Botonis
Advisor

Hi to all.

For one more time I was unsure whether this was a hardware problem, or windows installation or anything except Archicad.

I remembered to use the registry fix concerning the reverting of the API rendering engine to the previous version of OpenGL instead of DirectX and it turned out that the problem was fixed.

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Botonis
Advisor

I am still insisting on this bug that I am facing with the DirectX API so if other users are noticing the same thing something has to be done.

Otherwise this is something that I cannot figure out. I have clean reinstalled windows 11. I even formated a drive with windows 10 and created a dual boot option for both 10 and 11 so I can check whether this is happening in just 11 but no. It  happens also in 10.

I even changed my GPU to an older one just in case my 3080Ti is problematic somehow!!!!

The problem still persists. And the most important above all is that this is happening with 27 also..........................

The only solution is to revert to opengl thought the registry. This cannot be a permanent solution if you consider the directx an upgrade to your workflow.

Especially I cannot believe that I will have to apply a registry fix to as a downgrade to work with the newly released 27.

Thanks

Botonis Botonakis