Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof and Wall Trim

Llian
Advocate
I manage to get one side of the wall and roof trim but I'm having problem on the other hip...i will posting 3 pictures....

Picture 4.png
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
13 REPLIES 13
Llian
Advocate
here's picture with the settings....
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Llian
Advocate
and looks like the wall is still not intersected with the roof....
Lilian Seow
andrewzarb
Booster
Solid Element Operations will help you achieve what you're after better than trim walls to roofs in this instance.

"Solid Element Operations" is in the design menu

Essentially; the roofs are operators, the walls are targets and the operation you want to perform is "subtraction with upwards extrusion"

I have to be brief right now but have a try and see if it helps.
Arcadia
Booster
I agree. I never use 'trim to roof' for this situation. SOE is much better especially if you change your roof panel ie lift if up or change pitch the wall automatically adjusts to suit.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Barry Kelly
You would need to split the wall at the valleys (into three lengths) for the trim to roof to work.
SEO's are better and remain interactive just in case you redesign anything.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
You would need to split the wall at the valleys (into three lengths) for the trim to roof to work.

Barry.
I don't remember ever having to do that
Barry Kelly
s2art wrote:
Barry wrote:

Barry.
I don't remember ever having to do that
It looks like the wall is trimming to the long roof plane that runs parallel with the wall.
Therefore it isn't trimming to the underside of the gable roofs.

Splitting it into 3 walls at the valleys means the side wall will trim to the long roof and the centre will trim to the gable roofs.

Or leave it as one wall and just SEO.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
A single wall, with one "Trim to roof" operation.
Karl Ottenstein
Barry wrote:
I've never needed to split, either, Barry. If TTR doesn't work, it's invariably that the roof elements were not properly joined (cmd/ctrl-clicking ridges, valleys, etc to make all roof surfaces - top and bottom - fit/miter properly).

As others, I prefer SEOps for this because of the flexibility (no need to undo trim, redo trim if anything moves).

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB