Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slope the top of the wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there an alternative and easier way to slope the top of a wall without using SEO?
5 REPLIES 5
Hello anto_bg,

Do you try to select your roof(s) and wall(s) and do a right clic to "connect" them ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Barry Kelly
anto_bg wrote:
Is there an alternative and easier way to slope the top of a wall without using SEO?

I wouldn't say easier, but there are a few alternatives.

SEO as you have mentioned.

Connect as Christophe mentioned is probably the easiest if you have a roof to trim to - if you don't have a roof then you can use one in a hidden layer - much the same as you would for an SEO.

An inclined beam running along the length of the wall will automatically trim if the building material strength for the beam is higher than the wall's and the top of the beam is higher than the top of the wall - but this may also interfere with other elements (walls).

A complex profile beam (or wall) running perpendicular to the wall - it will have to be big enough to cover the length and height of the wall.

If you are not worried about wall skins or inserting openings in the wall, then you can use a complex profile in the shape you want and the length of that profile will be the width of the wall in plan when you place it - it may not trim well with other walls.

These complex profile methods are great if you want more than a simple slope to the wall - can be any shape.

You can also place an angled empty opening in the wall and manipulate the shape to that of the slope you need.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I hope that the Opening Tool will have a Polygonal Geometry method in the future and then we will be able to place an Opening at the top of the Wall and simply edit its shape so it cuts the Wall to the desired shape.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
For a polygonal solution I use the shell tool and as others suggest, trim to roof/shell and then put the shell on a hidden layer after trimming. Shells now permit zero thickness if there is a possible PBC conflict with other elements.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lingwisyer
Guru
DGSketcher wrote:
For a polygonal solution I use the shell tool and as others suggest, trim to roof/shell and then put the shell on a hidden layer after trimming. Shells now permit zero thickness if there is a possible PBC conflict with other elements.

Just change your hidden layer to have an Intersection Group of 0. In that way you do not need to worry about PBC as nothing will join.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660