Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Splayed Door Wall Reveal "AND" Arched top?

rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached.
basically I need:
1. to have an arched top door (no prob theres one in the library)
2. to have a wall reveal with splayed enclosure openings

How do I accomplish this?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
12 REPLIES 12
Karl Ottenstein
Yeah, that Help Center article from 2012 was before the Morph tool was introduced, so I'm with Richard on the extruded Morph solution.

In particular, this kind of arch would often be framed by standard carpenters/framing to the edge of the splay, and then custom hand framing for the splayed reveal/arch - and modeling that part as a Morph captures that it is an extra construction step. If you want to justify the amount of work. 🙂

Rob - Your result looks great. You can make the diagonal line inside the Morph splay in your screenshot invisible, should you be generating views/drawings similar to the screenshot.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks Karl, but that "line" you see diagonally..it's not coming from the morph rather its coming from a SEO operation by where I created a wedge-shaped morph (it's the shape of the negative space i want to subtract out from the wall) then I put that morph in a layer called "VOID SPACE" (which I absolutely HATE doing by the way - to have 'floating stuff' in the model that is only on layers that are turned off so you can 'see' the result of the subtractive operation from the wall) so I'm not sure I can make that diagonal line invisible.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Barry Kelly
rob2218 wrote:
...so I'm not sure I can make that diagonal line invisible.
You should be able to by editing the morph in your hidden layer.
Change your selection too to 'Sub-element' selection (or just hold CTRL+SHIFT when selecting), select the diagonal line and change it to a hidden edge type.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11