BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Survey Meshing - Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I have been given a DWG survey file of a very large site. It has a heap of spot levels, but no contour lines. I was wondering if anyone knew of a fast way to add nodes for all the levels rather than individually adding the points using the mesh tool?

The surveyor also provided a 3D DWG file, but when I view the model in 3D it seems to be just elevated lifework rather than a mesh. So I figure it might be best to remodel it?

I'm using archicad 18. Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Walter
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Walter,

ask the surveyor for the raw xyz data file and import into ArchiCAD to create mesh, refer http://blog.cadimage.com/2013/09/simple-mesh-creation/

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Scott.

Unfortunately the project is for a design competition and I may have missed the date to request that file. Will ask though.

You wouldn't happen to know why the 3D DWG loads in as elevated linework?

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Walter,
Unless mesh was created in AutoCAD all you will get is 3D line work if opened as a library part, if opened / imported as dwg all you will get is 2d line work, looks like you'll have to spend time manually building the mesh
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought as much. Maybe the competition organisers will throw me a bone. Thanks again.
Learn and get certified!