Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Updating to ArchiCAD 19

toman311
Enthusiast
I have different windows doors saved as Favorites. I drew a model with those windows and doors in ArchiCAD 18, but when I open the model in ArchiCAD 19, those windows and doors disappear. There are just holes where they should be. I want to keep the window and door settings.

Is there any way I can update these windows and doors to the ArchiCAD 19 library while keeping the custom features which I have applied to them?

I reloaded the ArchiCAD 18 library to allow me to view the model, but I would like to be able to have the same windows and doors in style, but also be able to adjust them with the new settings in ArchiCAD 19.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
7 REPLIES 7
schagemann
Enthusiast
Quick question have you tried using the AC18 Migration Library - it lives in Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 19...
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
toman311
Enthusiast
I just tried it and the windows and doors are still missing. Maybe I did it wrong?

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
This sounds like a Renovation Filter setting, or maybe MVO? If the doors/windows are actually loaded (nothing in the Library Loading Report?), then something in the display settings has changed and you need to set it back to the original settings.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
toman311
Enthusiast
The Library Loading Report gives a list of missing objects, which includes windows, doors, AND rafters. My path for loading this library from the Library Manager was...
Link Library>GRAPHISOFT>ArchiCAD19>ArchiCAD Migration Libraries>ArchiCAD 18 Migration Library>ArchiCAD 18 Migration Library.lcf. I then selected "Choose" then "OK".

The rafters came back, but the windows and doors are still missing. All of the missing elements are doors, windows, and also some textures (although it doesn't look like any textures are missing in the 3D model view).

Eduardo Rolon
FYI if you were using the INT version of AC (or other localization) and you switch to US you will get missing doors, windows etc. Same thing going between US and other versions.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

toman311
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
FYI if you were using the INT version of AC (or other localization) and you switch to US you will get missing doors, windows etc. Same thing going between US and other versions.
I think that is the problem since ArchiCAD 18 was the INT version. Now I am on the US version.

Eduardo Rolon
Then the easy solution is to download 19 INT and have both installed which is what most of us do, then if you want you can launch the US version with the INT library to get the basics aligned. The reason for having both installed is to have access to Library Updates on both versions.
-----
If you need to use the US version then what I would try, to see if it works, is the following:
• Open the file in AC19US
• Load the AC19INT library - you will get duplicate warnings but the doors
• select an INT door and copy its settings by using the eyedropper
• open the door settings and navigate to the equivalent US door and inject the settings before selecting it.
• If all goes according to plan the the door will switch from one library to the other
• If it works then use Find and Select in the 3D window to select all of the INT doors of the same type and settings and then convert them in one go. Do this in the floor plan if the conversion screws up the Door links to the wall or story.
-----
• If transferring the settings does not work then you will need to do it manually by copying the settings from the INT doors and group transferring to the US ones.
-----
HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator