Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Bad" Polygons

Anonymous
Not applicable
During the modeling of a building, I must have modeled a part incorrectly because whenever I generate a 3d model I get a message saying that there is bad something or other "pgon 357".

I tried to use "find and select" to locate the bad part, but to no avail.
I'm not sure if I am using the right criteria or using find and select correctly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Don Lee
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
This sort of thing is usually an internal error in a library part (lack of limit checking allowing improper values or some such) but the name of the part is usually listed in the error.

The simplest way to search for the offending element is to model the building by sections. First story by story (if it's not too tall) and then by halves (a binary search - like 20 questions). Once you have narrowed it to a particular story, select half the element (approximately) and see if the error occurs. If yes, deselect half and try again. If no, select half of the previously unselected half and model that.

This will allow you to zero in on the troublesome bit very quickly (and with a minimum of head scratching).
stefan
Expert
It is almost always a case of regenerating the same object as a new one (even with the same parameters) or slightly modifying the part.

As it is, I've had this a few times. I've always been able to solve it, but I have sweared a lot when it happened 😉
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if I can help but when I get rendering errors I turn on "Full report" on in the Imaging preferences. I then read the report and it will state "Polygon is degenerated......of file "(probelm element) or "Library part was not converted........." I then type the name of the file/element into "Find & Select" and hopefully AC finds it. Then I just edit or usually delete and remake the problem part.