Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

shell smooth

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI all : I have shell and it has good smooth in perspective -A- but in sections and plans it so bad -b- when I changed the segment to hight value -c- I get good smooth put a lot of lines in plane and perspective- d- ....

how can I get good smooth without increase the number of segment or with increase the number and hide that line .... thank you

Untitled-1.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
nourqueen85 wrote:
HI all : I have shell and it has good smooth in perspective -A- but in sections and plans it so bad -b- when I changed the segment to hight value -c- I get good smooth put a lot of lines in plane and perspective- d- ....

how can I get good smooth without increase the number of segment or with increase the number and hide that line .... thank you

Archciad is well known by its inaccuracy in sections and elevations.
Many years before users wrote about this problem and it is still here.

Archicad engine was outdated at same time as it was created (funny, isn't it 😉

So i suggest you to not loose your time and to overdraw section lines that you need to be precise. I most time finish my modeling and then i fix stuff with fills, lines and other 2d tools. Archicad has problem with all free forms...

You don't need to unlink section, just draw with fills or lines over your model. Its the fastes workaround But thats the place where BIM stops

It really depends what am i going to do with project....print, present, render....So i choose fastest technique.

It is still very hard to create something from your head in archicad but its getting better every 5 years

dont forget fact that archicad is program with too much workarounds
and dont bother yourself with BIM...we are still far away from it cos archicad has a lot off half baked commands .... which will lead you to dead end street
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If I'm not mistaken, the segment function is supposed to make segments that show lines. It's so you can make a facetted shape.

There is no control over how many segments curves make in elevations, but so fare I've never had any problems with the number of segments and the quality of the plotted/printed drawings. I guess it all depends on scale. We generally don't use the 3d model for anything larger than 1:50 scale in our office.

99% of our 2d line work is for documentation/annotation or detail drawings.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
But thats the place where BIM stops
not BIM just archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess it all depends on scale. We generally don't use the 3d model for anything larger than 1:50 scale in our office.
I think it is bad in any scale and I will draw 2d above it... thank
shell.jpg
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Also noticed this issue here and it is not only for the shell, curved stair slabs are another exemple...this has sadly not been fixed ( yet )

However, for the shell tool, You may look here for a solution:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=38490
AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you TMA_80
However, for the shell tool, You may look here for a solution:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=38490

thank you it work but It need reopen AC