BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

trim elements to roof or shell

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a a roof that has one slope extending down over a split level, so it's outside the trimming body. when i try to trim the wall it says it's trimmed, but the wall doesn't change. i cant use crop to single roof plane because it isn't one. so what do i do?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried using Solid Elements Operations instead of trim to roof?

You can sometimes get this issue if the wall is more than a single storey lower than the roof.

Also check your renovation filters, is the roof on a different filter setting than the wall, or is the wall grouped with other walls with a different filter setting? These shouldn't really make any difference but its worth checking.

If you clear any operations on the wall and re-try the SEO then that should do the trick
Karl Ottenstein
wildernessbob wrote:
I have a a roof that has one slope extending down over a split level, so it's outside the trimming body.
See the attached. In the Roof Settings dialog, you have a choice of how the trimming body is generated - pivot lines or roof contours (edges). You can see the difference in the screenshot - where with roof contours selected, your extended roof section will include a trimming body. I think that should solve your issue?

Cheers,
Karl
roof-trimming-body.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!