When opening Archicad project files, you might experience that the file is not opened correctly. In some cases the file will not open, in other cases the file opens but some or all of the content is missing. Here are some typical scenarios:
The file you are trying to open is damaged!:
What to do when data loss has occurred:
The Open and Repair process works for PLN files only. If your project is a Teamwork project see note below*.
1. Launch the Archicad application from the desktop shortcut, dock, start menu or application folder.
2. When the Start Archicad dialog appears, choose Open a Project, Browse for a Solo Project and click Browse OR go to File > Open > Open.
3. IMPORTANT: Go to the file location and click on the file ONLY ONCE so that it is highlighted.
4. Now put a tick mark in the Open & Repair Selected file checkbox in the lower right corner of the dialog.
5. Then open the file and wait.
6. After a time the file will report either that the project was healthy or that it was repaired or that the file cannot be repaired.
* If your project file is a Teamwork file, first go to File > Save As… Format/File Type: Archicad Solo Project .PLN, then perform the steps 6 above. If the Repair option fixes the issue, you should re-share this PLN, have other users Join this new copy of the project and continue working from there.
Aids to Avoid Data loss:
Please read more about TeamWork related data safety in the link below:https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=25708#Autosave_recovery