Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Exporting schedule data for use by other applications

Stryker
Participant

I have a schematic in Archicad 27 which I need to export so that it can be used by an internal application but I need to export it with a python sciprt or some addon. Can someone guide me? Attached is an image of what I need to export so that the idea is understood.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

If you are just learning Archicad, Python is the absolutely LAST thing to learn/ask about 🙂

With your schedule displayed as in your screenshot, you can save it as a tab delimited data file or an Excel worksheet simply with File > Save As and selecting the desired format:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.46.11 AM.png

When you have many schedules that you want to export for use in external software, Publisher is more convenient as you can include in a publisher set every required schedule and one click will produce the output files.  This example has 2 schedules being published as Excel files:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.42.45 AM.png

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

Is there a reason you cannot just use Publisher?  You can publish in a variety of formats including numeric data file.

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I'm just starting out, could you guide me with publisher?

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

If you are just learning Archicad, Python is the absolutely LAST thing to learn/ask about 🙂

With your schedule displayed as in your screenshot, you can save it as a tab delimited data file or an Excel worksheet simply with File > Save As and selecting the desired format:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.46.11 AM.png

When you have many schedules that you want to export for use in external software, Publisher is more convenient as you can include in a publisher set every required schedule and one click will produce the output files.  This example has 2 schedules being published as Excel files:

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 11.42.45 AM.png