Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to calculate the no. of bricks in archicad 26

Roopa A
Contributor

In this new version of AC 26, in schedule only we can get the no. of bricks calulate as per the experssion we give (formula for brick calculation), it isnot coming why?

I tried this method also, but after creating the brick quantity the list is not shown in next step, why ...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Libraries-objects/Creating-a-Property-Object/ta-p/303463

Roopa A S
5 REPLIES 5
Akpocky
Contributor

make sure the properties that you created has been assigned to the right classification of that element.

CPU: INTEL I3-12100 F 3.30GHz
VGA: RTX 3050
RAM:16GB
WINDOW 11 22H2 OS BUILD 22621.1848
Archicad 27 Build 4030
Ingolf
Advocate

I agree with @Akpocky. All properties you want to use in Property Manager must be assigned to the right classification. If the brick wall is classified as v 2.0 Wall, you have to assign all properties to v 2.0 Wall. I had the same problem myself and solved it by doing this.

You also have to select the actual Wall to try the Evaluate function to see if it works.

One problem though: I am not able to make my own Brick Type using Option Setup. To make it work I must copy and adjust one of the already existing types. Strange ...

Ingolf_0-1715156818579.png

Ingolf SundfĆør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27

@Ingolf wrote:

One problem though: I am not able to make my own Brick Type using Option Setup. To make it work I must copy and adjust one of the already existing types. Strange ...

Can you not just use the 'Add' button to add a new option to the list?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I have used the Add Button to add a new Option. Using both "x" and "*" as a Multiplication Sign. But only the first dimension of the Brick is calculated when I use the Evaluate function. 

Ingolf_0-1715600139289.png

Above: The real width of the Brick is 120mm, but only the height (65mm) shows. All three dimensions are wrongly evaluated to 65mm: Height, Width and Length.

Finally I found out that Archicad here uses the Symbol 00D7 (Hotkey Alt+0215) as a Multiplication Sign. And that my "x" and "*" didn't work.

Ingolf_1-1715600417725.png

I used the same sign (00D7 - Hotkey Alt+0215) as a Multiplication Sign in the formula. Now it works šŸ˜Š

Ingolf_2-1715600527541.png

Ingolf SundfĆør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.

Now I have solved the problem of incorrect results using the Keyboard x in the formula of Bricks in Property Manager šŸ˜Š

It is a small glitch in the code of Width and Length of the Bricks. The code doesn't include the different alternatives of the regular x.

I have made a new Brick Type with the regular x between the dimensions:

Test with regular x - 50 mm x 100 mm x 200 mm

Ingolf_2-1715685680723.png

For Width the standard (wrong) formula is:

STRTONUM ( SPLIT ( SPLIT ( SPLITRIGHT ( SUBSTITUTE ( {Property:NUMBER OF BRICKS (Expression)/Brick type and measures}; " mm"; "" ); "-"; 2 ); " x"; 1 ); " Ɨ "; 2 ) ) * 1 mm

The regular x has number 1 besides, leading the result to the incorrect Height value of 50 mm. The Symbol Ć— has number 2 besides, leading the correct result of the Width if you use the Symbol Ć— in the formula.

For Length the code is similarly incorrect:

STRTONUM ( SPLIT ( SPLIT ( SPLITRIGHT ( SUBSTITUTE ( {Property:NUMBER OF BRICKS (Expression)/Brick type and measures}; " mm"; "" ); "-"; 2 ); " x"; 1 ); " Ɨ "; 3 ) ) * 1 mm

The regular x has number 1 besides, once more leading to the incorrect result of Height (50 mm). The Symbol Ć— has number 3 besides, leading to the correct result of Length if you use the Symbol Ć— in the formula.

As shown below:

Ingolf_0-1715685409930.png

For Width the correct formula will be:

STRTONUM ( SPLIT ( SPLIT ( SPLITRIGHT ( SUBSTITUTE ( {Property:NUMBER OF BRICKS (Expression)/Brick type and measures}; " mm"; "" ); "-"; 2 ); " x"; 2 ); " Ɨ "; 2 ) ) * 1 mm

For Length the correct code will be: STRTONUM ( SPLIT ( SPLIT ( SPLITRIGHT ( SUBSTITUTE ( {Property:NUMBER OF BRICKS (Expression)/Brick type and measures}; " mm"; "" ); "-"; 2 ); " x"; 3 ); " Ɨ "; 3 ) ) * 1 mm

Ingolf_1-1715685555658.png

This incorrect formula ought to be updated and corrected in v28 I think šŸ˜Š