Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Layer combinations stuck on "Custom" - Bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is this a confirmed bug? I have experienced this on a few machines at my office where a saved view shows up with a "Custom" layer combination. Even after I manually right click the View, set the layer combination in the View Settings to a saved layer combination, then double click into the view, it still shows as "Custom". This is happening across all Views.

Goes away after a restart of ARCHICAD.

Ben
14 REPLIES 14
Bruce
Expert
Do you go to another view first, then come back to the problem view?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes - it affects all views.
Barry Kelly
So you change the view settings to a layer combination then press OK and not CANCEL (I have done that a few times!).
Then open the view settings again straight away - is it still showing the layer combination or is it back to 'custom'?

Is the view part of a clone folder by any chance?
It shouldn't make a difference as even cloned views can have individual settings.
Just curious about this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm pretty sure I clicked OK, and it still says Custom.
No - not part of a Clone.
It was happening to ALL my views (over 30) which is why it led me to believe it may have been a bug. Plus it has happened to a few of my colleagues as well on their machines.
A close and re-open of AC cures it. But if it happens again I will investigate a bit more.
Marc H
Advisor
I just experienced the same issue. Checked my View Settings, tried several views, but my LC kept resetting back to 'Custom' no matter what I tried. Looked up the issue and found this post. So, after a few checks, re-started AC21 (which I just updated last week so I expect it has all bug-fixes). On re-start the 'Custom' appeared momentarily, then reset back to the correct LC.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been having the same problem! Any solution??
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hey guys,

This is a known issue we are currently working on fixing. The problem comes down to adding new Layers.
When new layers are created (either by you or by an XREF import or something else), they might still not have a state saved for existing Layer Combinations. As a result, when ARCHICAD checks which combination is active, it sees that the settings are not a 100% match, and considers the current state to be "custom".

We are working on a fix that (if everything goes well) goes out in a later update of ARCHICAD 21 (70xx), and AC22 Beta 4. Until then, you should be able to fix this, by applying the "faulty" layer combination in the Layer settings dialog, changing the visibility of any layer on and off, and then pressing the "Update" button. This should update the Layer Combination with a proper setting for each Layer, so the problem should be gone.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
That tip to update the combination worked just fine. For now that's more than enough. Thank you

Hello 

we are having the same problem with ArchiCAD 26 INT 4019 Win64 Full

project file AC 25 updated to AC 26. 

and even AC26 blank file (ArchiCAD template) same problem when importing layer combination. 

[ BIM Manager- Revit Expert
Win 11 - Dell Precsion i7 | 32GB | RTX A4000
AC25 - AC26 4019 Int Full]