BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

2D display engine & Bug reporter

Miha_M
Advisor
1. Probably a bug in 2d display engine. Sometimes my floorplan window freezes up. I can scroll or move or anything, but the display doesn't change. I can still save the file, change to other windows (3d, Sections) which still do work as supposed to. Changing back to floorplan sometimes does help and it starts working again, but today this solution didn't work as well. So I had to close Archicad to try with a fresh start of the program. This helped, but... read nr.2.
In the attached picture you can see the 3D building I was working on in an active 2d floorplan tab...

2. While closing Archicad the process took a bit longer and the Bug reporter jumped out. I assume Archicad has crashed during closing. The Bug reporter was gathering information and suddenly, without any interaction from my side, a whole lot of small little windows appeared, one after another in a diagonal way to the screen bottom and from there on up to the right bottom corner of my screen. This happened very fast, probably there was some kind of an error message, but I didn't get to read any of the displayed text as it was all very quick. This happened once before, but I didn't have time to post before. I presume the Bug reporter didn't send anything, as it stopped working as well. Does the Bug reporter have its own bug?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

5 REPLIES 5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

My first suggestions to such a problem would be these:
- Try turning off 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration in the Work Environment settings, and see if that solves your problems. If that helps, it can be a problem caused by the video card, so make sure you have the latest drivers installed.
- If you only experience this in ARCHICAD 22, install the latest preview update, and see if that helps at all.
- If you only experience this problem with a single project, try it on different computers, and see if it causes the same issue. It might be that an element (or the entire project) is far from the ARCHICAD origin and that causes problems.
- Maybe also try uninstalling ARCHICAD completely, and cleaning the preferences before reinstalling it.

Other than this, the problem seems a little more complex than what a forum like this could solve, so I suggest you to contact your local GRAPHISOFT support team. They should be able to assist you more efficiently.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Miha_M
Advisor
Thank you for given suggestions.
- I would rather not turn off the 2d hardware acceleration. The progress in Archicad 22 on this subject was something I've been long waiting for and I wouldn't want to loose this. I would like to see this thing working as it should instead.
- It's my AC 22 problem. I do not know where the preview updates can be found, but as I depend on a stable release I would not want to experiment too much.
- It seems to be a single project file problem only. I don't have an option to experiment on multiple computers. No placed objects or project origin is far from AC origin as I am aware and try to avoid such possible problems.
- I do not have the time to try reinstalling AC, as I have deadlines to reach.
- Cleaning the preferences? I customize my preferences from a clean sheet with every new AC version, I never import old ones. I don't think this could be a problem as I never had such one.

It does seem to be a more complex problem, but I doubt my local Graphisoft support, which is a one man band if I remember right, could find a solution, that's why I send the encountered problems to this forum.
Today I had once more a graphic problem. Suddenly the zoom in/out started to have erratic behaviour. The given display seemed to have an offset, as I couldn't select elements any more on spots they were displayed. An AC restart does give me a (temporary) solution.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Barry Kelly
Miha_M wrote:
Today I had once more a graphic problem. Suddenly the zoom in/out started to have erratic behaviour. The given display seemed to have an offset, as I couldn't select elements any more on spots they were displayed. An AC restart does give me a (temporary) solution.
I would be suspecting a graphics card / driver problem.
I am not familiar with your graphics card but I see it was one that was tested.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/83528/

It may be worth checking to see it has the recommended driver.
Graphics card drivers

Certified Nvidia Quadro Windows 10 driver: R390 U5 (391.58) Release date 2018.05.07
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Miha_M
Advisor
Hi, thank you for your suggestion. My driver version is 391.74 (23.21.13.9174), release date 04.06.2018.
This one seem to be slightly newer. I agree, could be a graphics driver / AC 22 compatibility problem. I keep having odd 2D display behaviour.

I will try to replace the driver with the recommended one. I'll get back to you when I have some hours of work behind me.

I have replaced my old Nvidia Quadro FX3800 with the current one because of Archicad 22 and all given improvement of the 2D graphic engine...

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Miha_M
Advisor
It has been a while. As mentioned before this seemed to be a one project file problem only. I moved to other projects and don't have this problem any more. Does that count as "problem solved"?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Learn and get certified!