Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D Model View Frozen

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Strange problem has appeared on one of my projects where navigation in the 3D view is not working at all. I can open the 3D view, but zoom, orbit and pan are not working (the pan hand and orbit symbol replace the pointer when activated, but no navigation possible). Zoom extents does not work either - the only thing I can do is select elements that are already in view. Have tried several times re-opening the file with repair function, and it tells me some data is now changed or missing, but the problem is not going away. Rather than copying the whole model to a new project and having to start from scratch with views, layouts and layer settings, I wonder if anyone else has experienced this, and if there is a workaround. All other projects are still working fine, and I have tried switching out the mouse - no effect.
AC23
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
12 REPLIES 12
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

I would like to inform the result of the investigation, for those who will be interested in this issue:

There is an empty complex profile used in the stair, which causes an issue similar to far from origin project. If you encounter similar behavior (zoom to Fit in Window shows nothing in 3D, although nothing is far from origin), maybe it's worth to have a look at the Profile Manager.

I hope this will help you with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Rene Pahlavan
Enthusiast
Thanks Minh! I would never have been able to deduce such a cause.
AC27 (Apple Silicon)

macOS Sonoma 14.1.2.

MBP M3 Max (16-inch 2023)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Rene,

I’m glad that the issue is solved!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Minh.

Minh Nguyen