Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Modeling

Anonymous
Not applicable
When creating a custom circlular window and using it in my model I have discovered the object defines a square as the rough opening for the circular window and places the window within the square leaving the wall between the window edge and the square rough opening empty (see through). How do I get the rough opening to follow the curvature of the window?
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
Brad wrote:
When creating a custom circlular window and using it in my model I have discovered the object defines a square as the rough opening for the circular window and places the window within the square leaving the wall between the window edge and the square rough opening empty (see through). How do I get the rough opening to follow the curvature of the window?
Basically, you have to define the WALLHOLE. Alternatively, fill in the gaps with a slab that has a circular hole the size of the rough opening. For more info:

On this list, refer to http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=211

The basic procedures for creating objects, doors and windows without any GDL knowledge is described in Object Making With ArchiCAD book, by David Nicholson Cole, that should be available with your reseller, or on the Web.

If the above does not help, yell!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does it matter where in the 3d Script I place the Command Wallhole?
Djordje
Ace
Brad wrote:
Does it matter where in the 3d Script I place the Command Wallhole?
Not really; you should replace the existing WALLHOLE coordinates with the new one.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip I believe I have the problem solved .