BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D View and Starting out Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey everyone, i hope this is the right section for my problem..

im just starting out with archicad and im following the AC10 guide. Even on the first step iv run into a few worries which may prove to be a bit of a problem if if unresolved..

basically on the first step of the guide it gets you to create a slab then view it in 3D, my problem occurs when i go to view the drawn slab in 3D..

the guide gives you an example where it should look like this after you click the 3d view

but when i do this action, it comes out blank.. i found that you can zoom in and zoom out and the slab will appear but will disappear after 1 second once you stop the mouse zoom scrolling. After the zooming, the screen looks like this..

i can understand whats going on..

im runing Windows Vista Ultimate, with 22inch monitor (with resolution 1680 by 1050) graphics card is Radeon X800GT

any help would be fantastic, thanks in advance!
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like a system or display problem. I'm don't think AC10 is compatible with Vista (not sure how AC11 is either - I'm sticking with XP for now).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
It looks like a system or display problem. I'm don't think AC10 is compatible with Vista (not sure how AC11 is either - I'm sticking with XP for now).
Vista? mm..those screenshots looks like mac?

or maybe the second one is Vista?

any way glad you said its Vista , try to update your display driver , or just change the 3D engine " for now , and only for now" to internal engine.

View>3D view mode >3D window settings ..3D engine to internal engine..

try it may be it will work?

now i understand why signature including info about system is important
Anonymous
Not applicable
whatever wrote:
Vista? mm..those screenshots looks like mac?

now i understand why signature including info about system is important
Yup, they're Mac alright - and I didn't even notice

I wonder what's up with the Vista reference?

You're right about the info in the sig line.
Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers for the reply’s and help!

just to explain the vista reference and the mac screenshot - as i mentioned in the first post, the first picture is from the AC10 guide and how the slab is suppose to be displayed (the guide was obviously created on a mac computer which equals the mac display) and the second shot is a cropped view of my screen where im using the Vista OS.. i hope that makes sense and clears up some confusion

here is a full screen picture of mine(im running dual screen so i just cropped it to one)

as for Vista vs XP.. i have only recently just crossed over to vista from xp, it was a real bastard to setup especially trying to find all the drivers for all the gear to run correctly.. most of my software works correctly with the exception of solidworks 2007..

AC10 seems to work fine apart from this one glitch im having
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aloha all,
I can report having the same problem with AC 10's 3D window when installed on my Vista Machine. My XP system runs everything fine.
GG.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'd really like to learn to work with this program, but I've got the same prob with the tutorial.

Is there anything changed lately, so that vista users are also able to work with ArchiCAD 10 or 11?

Thanks in forward for your replies,

Oakwood
Thomas Holm
Booster
Update your graphics drivers. Do a search on this forum ot get more info.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running AC 11 on a new machine running Vista Business, and I'm having the same problem except my 3D window is all black. When I zoom in and out the image appears briefly and then goes back to black. My video drivers are up to date. I'm running a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285. My other specs are in my sig. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Corey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Corey wrote:
I'm running a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285. My other specs are in my sig. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Corey
Corey,
The Quadro NVS series cards are meant for business users needing multiple displays, like stock dealers etc, and not for 3D applications. I would guess that you would have to switch your display system to the "Internal engine" in the 3D Window settings (not quite sure what the exact name is in English, using a localized version). Also search the Nvidia site for updated drivers. But ultimately I would recommend a Quadro FX-based card (or a Geforce "consumer-range " card should be quite OK too).

Anssi
Learn and get certified!