Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D connexion buttons

Narska
Advocate
I have the buttons on my 3d connexion mapped as key board strokes but they perform seemingly random zooming functions.

Any idea how and where a problem might be?

Mac - Archicad 22
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
12 REPLIES 12

Hi Tomasz,

Did you get this issue resolved?

Im here in 2022 with the same problem. The L & R buttons on my space mouse only perform a weird zoom operation, the radial menus I have programmed onto them don't pop in Archicad.  

Cheers,

Phil 

Having the same issues as well. Definitely a Graphisoft/Archicad issue. Hope it gets resolved soon. Seems to Left button is zoom to fit in window, and right button is previous zoom. They are normally buttons on the bottom left hand corner of the window.

Benji_W
Booster

Same problem here. AC 25 (Build 5010 USA Full), macOS Big Sur (v11.6.1).

Just got my Spacemouse Wireless last week. Only to find out that Graphisoft has – yet again – failed to fix a known issue within the past four years. Mind you, 3dConnexion has been producing 3D design hardware for the past twenty-one years...and of course, it took Graphisoft more than a decade to finally do the bare minimum to incorporate said hardware into their 3D design software. And by bare minimum, I mean that there is only one setting for 3DConnexion. No speed control, no button control. And paying customers have been asking for GS to do just a little bit more for years.

Sometimes I feel that I'm expected to feel grateful for the effort that Graphisoft does apply to their software. I'm supposed to be grateful, and pay up. And conveniently, I'm now being informed that my yearly fees will again be rising, by +$295. For what? Another four years of waiting for the same bugs to finally be addressed?

So now I'm torn. Do I return the $170 SpaceMouse? Or do I finally stop giving money to a company that has repeatedly shown to care far more about profit than they do providing a competitive product to the customers who support them?

Sorry for the rant. Bad timing for another let down I suppose.

Archicad 25 – macOS Big Sur 11.6.1 – 27" iMac 2017